Friday 5 August 2011

Engaging times


It is with great joy that I post the photos of Susan and Zoe’s engagement party of last night.   They had picked a great bar by the river here in Luang Prabang called Utopia.  It was a great night but oh my lord I should know better. 

Congratulations ladies!

Engagement celebrations

Happy days

Susan

Utopia bar engagement celebrations

Young love

Zoe & Susan, radiant ladies

I cannot remember who it was that said that all we have learned from history is that we have learned nothing but it is, I feel, a saying that applies to me.   I suppose the other way of looking at these things is that there are players on the pitch of life and spectators and I guess as a player you are bound get tackled every now and then...  Anyway a good night and as said before we wish them both a life filled with joy and laughter.   


There are also a stash of trip photos from the Bears.   They go all the way back to Georgia, which from here seems like a lifetime ago.  Anyway have a butchers and enjoy.  We set off tomorrow for Vang Vieng and then the capital, Vientiane before tackling a bit more jungle enroute to Vietnam, which reminds me I must pick up the passports today.  Laters, CJ down but not out

Baku picnic lunch

Chengdu hotpot, Sandra, Keith, Sylvia & Russell

Great Wall of China museum, Russell & Sylvia (the Bears)

Great Wall sunset, Jim and Ben

Chinese hotel room ceiling mirror...

Clare doing her Chinese position
Denis watching feathers dry on a cormorant fishing trip

Dali hotel and Calypso

Emily with her cash in Uzbekistan

Gas water holes, Turkmenistan

Jim servicing Calypso

Keith with cormorants

Luang Nam Tha on a scooter

On scotters to visit Namdee waterfall, Luang Nam Tha

Mud volcano cook group

Opera night, Chengdu

Road rest stop

Sighnaghi wine tour, Georgia

Sylvia with cormorants

Tbilisi happy hour

Tent morning view, Kazbegi, Georgia

Turkmenistan truck clean up

No comments:

Post a Comment