Sunday 7 August 2011

How many cake shops does Vientiane have?

So what has happened these last few days then? Mmmm I have once again proved that whilst I am determined to have as much fun as I can, I can honestly say that I need to get my drinking under control. As Ben said to me, we are getting worse not better, sadly true! But oh what fun has been had....by the group of course, not by me. I am after all working. Trust me Pete, Kirst, I am the first to go to bed every night!

We left Luang Prabang and travelled to Vang Vieng. Essentially a dirty town by a river, the banks of which are loaded with bars, slides and other toys. One visits these “temples of pleasure” by hiring a rubber tube and floating down the river. The bars have rope throwing lads that pull you in, drop the ring and in you go for a bucket of booze. Now obviously the mix of booze and water is not something Odyssey would ever condone and so those that wished to partake did so on the full understanding that they were off the trip for the day. The very sensible Odyssey policy meant that I could obviously not go, probably a good thing really.

Anyway, will be a few photos later of the guys out there doing it. But for now just a few more random photos to help you get a feel for the trip in general, these ones are Mandy’s shots. We are currently in Vientiane and there are more cake shops, bread shops cafes etc than you can shake a stick at. And I must get the man to look at our air conditioner, it is definitely not working...or maybe it is and I am not?

Laters CJ
Ben where he should be...behind bars, not in them
Ben where he should be...  behind bars, not in them!

as fresh as it gets
As fresh as it gets
Big feet...big everything
Big feet...  big everything!  The Giant Buddha of Leshan, China
bike tour eco lunch
Bike tour eco-lunch, Luang Nam Tha, Laos
Bike tour Luang Nam Tha
Bike tour, Luang Nam Tha
Chow time
Chow time, Chengdu, China
Dali torch festival
Dali torch festival, China
disguise
Disguise
Great Wall at dusk
Great Wall at dusk
Kashgar_5284
Kashgar, China
Keith and Sandra having the full English
Keith & Sandra having the full English breakfast
Laos
In the shade in Laos
Lunagnamtha_6987
Luang Nam Tha
mmmm, I do not know what he is doing
Mmmm.... I have no idea what he is doing
Morse code
Morse code
squirrel anyone
Squirrel anyone? Or is it rat?
The girls and a panda...of sorts
The girls and a panda (of sorts)
The reason humans could so over populate, rice
The reasons humans could so over-populate.... rice paddies
There are only so many noodles one can eat
There are only so many noodles one can eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment